Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tell me about the power of advertising as you see it.  What types of ads appeal to you?  Or disgust you?  What kind of ads seem pointless or senseless to you?
 
The types of ads that appeal to me are the types of ads that make me feel happy. The ads that have families and everyone are enjoying life. I also like the ads that are just funny and make me smile those are the ads that I think everyone likes. The ads that disgust me are those that are well disgusting. There are ads that are just dumb and then there are ads that just cross the line and I think everyone feels the same way about those kinds of ads. Not only do I think those kinds of ads are disgusting, but I also find that they are pointless. I find that most ads and commercials are being viewed by children and young teenagers so I think that the ads should tone it down and keep in mind the audience that will be viewing their ad and make it appropriate. That is what I find completely and totally pointless. The idea that sex sells is something I find pointless. This is why I think it is most important to show kids the funny ads rather than the ads that are inappropriate. Show them that they don’t have to look like the girls in the ads or make them think that some of the things they show in commercials are the norm.                                 

1 comment:

  1. I like the funny ads too! And I agree, I hate the ads that are so inappropriate yet directed towards kids.

    ReplyDelete