Thursday, April 7, 2011

Basin Street - Palmer Hayden

I chose this painting because of the era it was painted mostly. This time period has always made me feel good about having fun, being free, and just hanging out with the people that matter to me. When I look at this painting I see two people dancing and falling in love with each other. These two people look like they are lost in each other’s embrace while in a large group of people. Listening to the jazz in the background, dancing, and spending time with each other is what they live for. The main focus of the painting is the two people in the front but there are also others in the painting each seem to have a story to tell. The musicians all look like they are pouring their soul into the music while others listen; they are playing for themselves and making it come alive with their feelings. The people in the background of the painting seem to be having the time of their lives or at the least they are happy in this time and place. These people look like they relish in their lives and being with their friends having fun. They are all enjoying the drinks, music, and gambling and the party is at the most fun part. That is why I chose this painting because of all the happiness and excitement that this piece of art expresses to me.

1 comment:

  1. I definately agree with you. This painting makes you want to have fun with some friends because that is exactly what is happening in this painting!

    ReplyDelete